Saturday, June 21, 2014

A Love Letter to my Wife

Celebrating four years of oneness


“Show me a man who is smiling from ear to ear and living a beautiful life, and I will show you a man who is grateful for what he has and utterly in love with his wife” - Fawn Weaver

Take at Dakshineshwar Temple, Kolkata
Dakshineshwar Temple, Kolkata, June 21, 2013
My Sweetest Pal,

Today is our fourth wedding anniversary and as it has been earlier on two occasions (out of four), I am away, thousands of miles away from you (physically though). Coincidentally, it is the 200th day I saw you last. My crazy, my larger than life, my colossal lifetime goals and sometimes not-so-practical as few people say (I differ as usual), and to some extent my inability to plan things and moments for family have always put you in trouble with the pain of staying away.

I am not the most romantic person, in fact I am not romantic at all, I cannot write poems in your praise (does not come naturally to me), you know material things don’t excite me (and to some extent you as well), so even dropped off the idea of sending any expensive jewelry gift, today I am writing this letter to let you know how much you mean to me, how much I appreciate everything that you do for me, for our sweet little doll and my lovely parents, how much I treasure you for loving me in spite of all my imperfections, to some extent my selfishness of working monomaniacally on my goals, my ambitions, my dreams; through this blog I just want to say I Love you, I Love you Rani, I Love you so very much!!


A Happy Marriage is the union of two forgiversRobert Quilten

Health and family are the life’s two most precious thing that people take for granted until they lose them. Although I have not been balancing my ‘family’ equation of life so far, today I want to convey you, I do not shy away from my responsibilities; in fact I will be the last person even to think of that. My ‘karma’ may have brought me far away from you but I want to tell you today, no goal, no dream is bigger than you my Life (my wife). My Parents, our little doll, and you, my love, are the most prized possession I have in my Life. I am so happy, fulfilled and so thankful to God that I don’t ask for anything more.

I also want to say and I hope you will understand why I am so passionate about my dreams, why I think so socially, why I want to give and give until it hurts? Rani, my dreams are so big that they sometime even scare me. I really don't know if I will be able to realize all my dreams in this life but then I can say I will die peacefully because I did my best and that is all I can do. I don’t want to regret on my death bed thinking I lived my life without realizing my full potential. I want to die being completely used up. I want to be of maximum service to humanity and help as many people as I can in realizing their dreams and potential and eventually make our earth a happier place.  Every breathing human being has infinite potential but most of us die without realizing that potential which is such a colossal waste of human energy, as Robin Sharma, author of ‘The Monk who sold his Ferrari’ and also my mentor and coach says.


Rani, you are a blessing... 

Although I have told you earlier, I want to write here again expressing my thankfulness to God. When I started my professional journey by the end of 2007, I wrote a letter to a girl attracted by her physical beauty. I would call that an ‘infatuation letter’. I wasted 5 to 6 months of my precious time and energy thinking about someone who didn’t matter to me and my family. Well, age and im-maturity was ruling my mind. Looking back, I feel happy and am so thankful to God that things didn’t work my way.  At this point I want to convey my Friends who are undergoing similar situation now, please focus on things that matter in your life, your family, your career. God plans things the right way for the right people. Many people say, Narendra, you are a blessing to other’s life, I say, Rani, I am so blessed to have you; you are an absolute blessing in my life and my family.



Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength while loving someone gives you courage. - Lao Tzu


I cannot forget those utterly trying times, when I went for pursuing my cherished dream of completing Masters in Management from England, immediately after our marriage. It was so difficult adjusting in an extremely cold, relatively less social, alien land. I missed you so much, I even cried like a child. I was so immature. You were my pillar of strength in those days of extreme hardship; your faith filled words provided me so much courage. I could complete my degree with a Merit, which was possible all because of you Rani. You are way more understanding, caring, mature, and perseverant than me even today. I am so proud of you Rani. 



Love is the greatest gift when given; it is the greatest honor when received ……Fawn Weaver



Eminent American Journalist and author, Mignon McLaughlin, has said “A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.”  I don’t say, I don’t look at other girls, yes I do, and I do appreciate their beauty.  Beauty must be appreciated. However, I must say without any exaggeration, in my eyes you are the most beautiful person I have ever seen. Although you are beautiful, your inner beauty and your values makes me fall in love with you every single day.

My Final words.. 

Rani, as we celebrate our fourth anniversary far away from each other, it just occurred to me what would be the best gift I could offer you today?, and I thought ‘thinking and thinking and writing only about you the entire day would be my best gift.' British novelist, poet, dramatist and travel writer, Lawrence Durrell once said “The richest love is that which submits the arbitration of time.”  My Soulmate, whether it is 200 days or 500 days away from you, my love for you is ever growing and it is growing every single moment. As Friedrich Halm said on Marriage “we are two souls with but a single thought, Two hearts that beat as one.”  For all the immense love, the endless care, a VIP level respect and honor, for being so understanding, for instilling confidence and understanding, forever delicious food, for the beautiful smiling face, for our bundle of joy, for all your sacrifices, my sweetheart, today, I want to say, Thank you, thank you, thank you….and Thank you. 

Happy Wedding Anniversary Wifey!!

With all my Love and forever your’s
Narendra Gupta 

On Marriage: Love is the reason, Lifelong friendship is the gift, kindness is the cause, till Death do us apart is the length.  -Author Unknown.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...