Saturday, January 26, 2013

Day100(ii): Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being, and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity. ~World Health Organization, 1948

Saturday, 26 Jan 2013; 11:00pm
Electronic City, Bangalore

Yesterday, I (deliberately) took day's rest from the Electronic media (Laptop, internet in my case) after work. I was invited by my neighbor, entrepreneur friend, Dileep for dinner earlier in the evening, so left work by 9:15 pm, taking out some time for society and friends. Delicious and Tasty (Chicken) dinner it was. Thanks and Kudos to Dileep and Bhabhi Jee for all their prowess (at Kitchen, this time). I went for sleeping (around 11pm) after having dinner (as suggested by Wifey over phone, to refrain from my late rising habit). What a lovely thing that was to do, (as a result) this morning I got up at 4:35am and you know, Getting up early is the best thing one can gift to him/herself. After spending some time over reading a book, I went for a morning walk, I felt the (fresh) nature, I felt energized like never before, cherished and enjoyed my leisurely walk. I spent the rest of the day at peace with self.

Yes, while I rested today, I did 30 push-ups in the evening before going out for Walk (actually Shopping). I bought a  (green) vegetable (it was a first timer for me) called 'Chouchou' (that is what I heard local people saying, I really don't know its english or hindi name). It looked like the elder brother of guava (from outside) and later when I was slicing it down for preparing curry, it looked like younger brother of Papaya. I hoped it doesn't taste like papaya (else it would also be the last time). I did all I could (as a Cook) to make it tasty and believe me it was not bad. Different vegetables have different nutrient content required for proper nourishment of the body and thinking this only, I risked the (unknown for me) vegetable which was a good and successful risk. Certainly.

Basic Tip of the Day:

The best six doctors anywhere
And no one can deny it
Are sunshine, water, rest, and air
Exercise and diet.
These six will gladly you attend
If only you are willing
Your mind they'll ease
Your will they'll mend
And charge you not a shilling.

                                            ~Nursery rhyme quoted by Wayne Fields, What the River Knows, 1990

I hope you all agree on this. Tomorrow is working day for me,so retiring to bed for now.

Good Night all of you!!

Narendra Gupta
11:15pm

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...